Present Continuous Tense
Present continuous tense is used to express an action that is going on at the time of speaking such as
- I am writing.
- I am feeling sleepy.
- Construction of simple sentence.
Vide Tutorial Present Continuous Tenses
More Related Links
- What Is A Verb In English Language Class 09
- What Are Articles In English Grammar Definition And Examples
- How To Correct The Spelling Mistake
- Complete Parts Of Speech And Examples
- Essay Topics For Intermediate Students
- essay topics for grade 8 (8th class)
- Sayyid Ahmad Khan As A Historian
- Between The Devil And The Deep Sea (Shakespeare)
Present Continuous Simple
Subject + is/are/am + verb first form +ing + object
Note: Is Use with He, she and It. Are use with We, You and They. and Am, use with I.
- I am going to school.
- You are playing.
- He is coming to see me.
- I am taking rest at this time.
- The Government is opening new schools.
- Bala is harvesting wheat.
- Smoke is rising out of a heart.
Exercise (Correct Present continuous Simple Sentences)
- It is drizzling.
- Persian wheel is working.
- I am tak rest at this time.
- Smoke are rising out of the heart.
- We are collect old coins.
- I am feeling dizzy.
- You is saying goodbye to your friend.
- He is diving the river into.
- The children is making much noise.
- Pakistan is mak progress by leaps and bound.
Construction of Present continuous Negative Sentence
Subject + is/are/am + not + verb first from + ing +object.
- I am not feeling sleepy.
- They are not making mistake.
- This office is not neglecting his duties.
- The woman is not working on grinding stone.
- Boys are not drinking sugar-cane juice.
Exercise (correct Present continuous Negative Sentences)
- You are not givin me your address.
- The Governor are not presiding over the meeting.
- He is working honesty.
- You am not criticizing my opinion.
- This officer is non neglecting his duties.
- The laborers’ are do shirking work.
- We are not smeled the flowers.
- He girls are dozing in the class.
- The boys are not drink the juice.
- He am not repenting of his sin.
Construction for Present continuous interrogative
Is/are/am + subject + verb first from +ing + object.
- Am I combing my hair?
- Are they going to school?
- Is she telling a lie?
- How many people are sharing this business?
- Who is knocking the door?
- Which magazine are you studying?
- Is the shopkeeper overcharging the customer?
Exercise ( Correct Present continuous Interrogative Sentences)
- Are the moon appearing?
- Is the bad boys throw stones at the buses?
- Are the laborious digg the earth?
- Why am you selling your house?
- Is Bashir buy a new motorcycle?
- Where is the women washing clothes?
- How many people am sharing this business?
- You much are how withdrawing from the bank?
- Who are inviting me to dinner?
- Are where the poor refugees going?
Feel free to ask any question and keep visiting www.myaktion.com for more essay and study help