What is Past Perfect Continuous Tense
The past perfect continuous is used for an action that began before a certain point in the past and continued up to that time as such as:
- At the time he had been writing a novel for two months.
- Alia had been taking tea for two minutes.
Construction Past Perfect Continuous simple sentence
Subject + had been + verb first from + ing + object
Vide Tutorial Past Perfect Continuous
Past Perfect Continuous TenseExamples (Simple)
- He had been waiting for you since morning.
- I had two hours.
- We had been decorating the room for an hour.
- Your brother had been taking the examination since two hours.
- The farmer had been digging the well for two weeks.
- The child had not been weeping since midnight.
- He had not been making the picture since yesterday.
- Munib had been wasting his time for four hours.
- Had the postman been delivering the dark for two hours?
- The boys had not taken exercise since morning.
- Had the woodcutter been cutting the woods since noon?
- Had the clouds been thundering for half an hour.
Construction for Past Perfect Continuous Negative Sentence
Subject + had not been + verb first from + ing + object.
Examples past perfect continuous (Negative)
- The child had not been sucking thumb since morning.
- Masons had not been building this hospital for one year.
MORE RELATED TOPICS
- How to Correct English Spelling Mistake
- Essay Topics For Grade 8 (8th Class)
- English Essay for Class 5 (5th) Complete Notes
- The Child Is Father of The Man (Essay)
- How To Make Money on the Internet
- Complete Essay Topics With Essay For Intermediate Students
Construction for Past Perfect Continuous Interrogative Sentence
Had + subject + been + verb first from + ing + object.
Examples for past perfect continuous (Interactive)
- Had you been wasting your time for two months?
- Why had he been attending school for ten days?
The Past Perfect Continuous Exercise
- She had been waiting for you for the morning.
- They had been decorating the house since an hour.
- Your sister had been taking the examination for three hours.
- Jhonny had been digging the well for two months.
- The child had not been weeping for midnight.
- He had not been make the picture since tomorrow.
- Andy had been wasting his time for four hours.
- The postman been delivered the dark for two hours?
- The girls had not taken exercise since morning.
- Had the woodcutterhad been cutting the woods since noon?
- They had the clouds been thundering for half an hour.